Sunday 13 March 2011

Book Review: WAVE ONE: SHORT STORIES BY ML PONCELET

Genre:  Short Stories
Published in eBook format:  December 2011 by Ocean Blue Press

My Rating:  7/10

This is a collection of 14 very short stories/flash fiction.
Some of the stories are funny, some are interesting, some are silly, and some of them I just didn’t understand!

One of my favourites was Gwen’s Dilemma …... about a woman who is opening a new flower shop, and how she becomes trapped inside while waiting for the locksmith to come and mend the door.  Very funny!
I also enjoyed The Spill ….. featuring Stephen, unemployed, stressed, who’s had a run of bad luck in the last few years, he’s moved house, been divorced and lost his job. And now his neighbour is giving him a headache with the noise he’s making, so he goes next door to investigate. With surprising results.
Mystery at Highward’s Lodge is a fascinating little story about a reporter looking for a well-known bank robber and gambler who was shot dead at the Lodge. Nice twist!

Some of the stories had twists and turns that I didn’t see coming.
I thought the writing was very good throughout with interesting characters.
Overall, I enjoyed some of them but some just ended too abruptly and to me they didn’t make any sense.

If you enjoyed reading very short stories here is a nice collection to download to your Kindle or eReader.


It is available to download from Amazon.co.uk for only 71p
It is available to download from Amazon.com for only $3.44
Prices correct as at 13 March 2011


For more info on ML Poncelet and Ocean Blue Press please click here

Thanks to Michelle for sending me this download to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...